Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Market Days and Biking Nights

I got to one of the big tourist spots today. Not Tianamen. Not The Wall. Not a temple... serious market shopping... Hong Qiao, the Pearl Market.

We had a great day popping into shops. The trip was set so two of us could find jewelry for the upcoming Marine Corps Ball. I wanted pearls, so Pearls I got. The woman who spearheaded this outing knows her way around and took me to Catherine's, her favorite pearl lady. You select your pearls and any embellishments and she makes what you want as you wait. So cool!

After pearls we had lunch at the famous Brown Door Restaurant. Yum, yum, yum.

  

Between the market and the kids biking all over today, plus my time with Paola (my road bike), we earned 20 Klicks today!

No comments:

Post a Comment